How I prep my face

06:30:00


I've recently discovered how much of a difference prepping my face in the right way has made to the lasting power of my makeup - and boy am I glad I have! My makeup sits on my face a lot better then it used to and is so smooth to apply. Of course I apply all these products after my usual daily routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising. Firstly, I use the hydration primer, focusing on the sides of my face and putting only a slight amount on my t-zone. I find my cheeks are where I apply the majority of my foundation and so I want a nice base to hold on to as much product as I possibly can. This primer is a recent purchase but I'm already so in love with it. It's a little thicker than my moisturiser but once it's blended in it's fine.

Once I've applied the primer I'll add a bit of the No7 beautifully matte make up base on my t-zone as this is where I tend to get oily during the day. This is a really good product but you have to blend it in to your skin well and quickly or it'll live little white chalky marks and look very powdery. However it stops me from getting as oily, of course, it doesn't completely eliminate the oils but it definitely helps. Lastly, if I know I am going to apply quite a lot of makeup then I will put on the Maybelline pore eraser to hide my pores. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of this product but it definitely reduces the visibility of my pores and makes my overall look a lot more flawless. I love this trio and it truly does make a difference to my makeup and how it looks. If I had to choose just one of these products, I would more than likely go for the express hydration primer because it just holds on to all the makeup for way longer.

Hope you've found this helpful and let me know of any great products that make your makeup last longer


Neelam xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe